Our mission is to be a trusted leader in web and database related development services to well-matched organizations. We will bring genuine value to our clients through:
- Excelling in technical competence, competitive pricing, proactive relationships, exemplary communication, transparency, and superb project engineering and management;
- Employing individuals of sound character and skill who share our values and care about our mission.
Our values describe not only who we are as an organization, but also who we are not. They encompass our ethics, principles, and beliefs about our organization and its relationship to the world. They communicate to employees the behaviors that are approved (and rewarded), and by extension those that are not.
- Integrity: We are honest, trustworthy, reliable, and ethical. We act the same, regardless of who is watching, and especially when no-one is watching.
- Work ethic: We work hard and like to work hard. We also work smart. We want to do in 40 hours a week what other people need 50+ hours to do.
- Work/life balance: All work and no play is a lose-lose situation. We work hard during work hours but are committed to protecting our schedules and ensuring adequate time for rest and family responsibilities.
- Flexibility: Life happens and rarely on schedule or according to plan. Flexibility keeps us from snapping during the storms of life. When things change, we need to be able to role with the punches.
- Dedication: We desire to contribute and to create value for our clients and the company. We demonstrate a high level of “ownership” for and initiative with projects assigned to us.
- Teachable: We are open to and desire feedback/correction. We are willing to ask for help even if it makes us “look bad.”
- Kaizen, continuous improvement: We recognize the value of continually striving to improve ourselves and the processes around us.
- Resourceful: We like problem solving and seek to use all resources at our disposal in an efficient manner to troubleshoot. We know when to ask someone for help and when more effort is needed on our part.
- Gifting / Core Competency: People are often gifted in ways that make them very good at doing some things and not very good at doing others. Our employees and our company needs to be operating in areas we are strongest in, i.e. focusing on our core competencies.
- Attention to detail: Grand visions, out of necessity, are often presented in abbreviated form, but making grand visions a reality requires lots of detail.
- Professional: We take our work seriously, striving for competence in everything we do and excellence in as many things as possible.
- Humility: We often take ourselves too seriously. We are a stunning mix of great potential and great weakness. We will have the greatest success when we acknowledge both.
- Finitude: We are finite beings, more limited than we often want to admit. But great strength comes from knowing and admitting where you are weak and compensating for it.
- Balance: Most of life requires trade-offs, we can not be excellent in everything we do.
- Patience & Longevity: We often overestimate what we can do in five years and underestimate what we can do in 20.
- Generosity: It is better to give than to receive.
We exist to serve our customers, our employees, our partners, and our community in a way that brings them genuine benefit, honors Jesus Christ, and advances the Kingdom of God.
“And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.
Col 3:17, ESV
“Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the inheritance as your reward. You are serving the Lord Christ.”
Col 3:23,24, ESV
Our primary purpose in life is to honor Christ in what we do and how we do it. Our primary purpose in business is to serve our customers in a way that reflects well on our Lord. If our customers are impressed by what we do and how we do it, then Jesus Christ is glorified and our purpose is being fulfilled.
Our business purpose is not to push our religious views on the uninterested. But, neither we will hide our faith or convictions. If we have opportunity to share the good news of Jesus Christ as we go about our work, all the better. After all, what does it a profit a man to gain the whole world and forfeit his soul (Mark 8:36 ESV)?
“My foot stands on level ground; in the great assembly I will bless the LORD.”
Psalm 26:12, ESV
Finding a name you like isn’t too hard. Finding a name you like that hasn’t been used by anyone else and with an available domain to match is HARD! After the merger of RCS Computers and Intelicom, we decided to work on finding a name to replace Intelicom. We didn’t have much luck on the name, but we were able to generate a decent amount of frustration!
In late 2011, while attending a banquet for Twelve Stones Counseling Ministries and looking at a hotel sign that said “Level 3” (because we were on the third floor), one of us suggested “Level 12” as a company name. While discussing it on the way home from the banquet, we found Psalm 26:12 and a decent domain to go with it. It stuck and “Level 12 Technologies” was born. In late 2013, we decided to focus solely on software development and dropped “Technologies” from the name.
All Level 12 employees are expected to contribute to our Mission and hold to our Values. Due to differing or a lack of religious convictions, we respect that some of our employees will not be able to identify with our Vision and Purpose.