ERP Augmentation with Custom Web Applications

Many organizations leverage the power of an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system to help them manage all facets of their operations. There are many different options to choose from depending on your industry, needs, and budget.

If you are in the market for an ERP system, take a moment to read this article to give you some ideas how about to research and implement the right ERP for your organization.

Have you ever noticed that many applications you use on a daily basis do just about everything you want them to, but there are missing features that would make the software “perfect”? Let’s have some fun! In the comment section below, share some features you wish your favorite applications had.

ERP applications are no different. In most cases, they will do just about everything an organization needs, but there is often something missing or functionality that doesn’t align quite right with a business model.

ERP Customization

At its core, an ERP system is a group of integrated applications that allow a business to “collect, store, manage and interpret data” from all units.

Most ERP systems offer extensive customization options. Organizations will benefit from using a partner like Oasis Solutions to help them identify business needs and customize the ERP system for the organization’s business model.

In spite of the customization capabilities of ERP system, there are some cases where the application can’t be customized to meet the exact needs an organization. This usually occurs when the level of customization required goes outside of the ERP’s existing code structure.

For example, an organization may need a significant amount of data manipulation that needs data scientists to get involved along with a custom programming team to develop a Python-based software solution. The current ERP is built in .NET and meets 90% of the business needs, but this remaining 10% is mission critical.

In this scenario, should the organization abandon the ERP and look for another application?

NO!

A custom software development firm specializing in Python can build a custom application that solves your business problem and integrates with your ERP.

Your ERP Can Do More!

It’s important to have access to the right information when needed to compete in today’s hyper-competitive markets.

Creating a tailored software ecosystem powered by the right ERP system along with custom applications designed specifically for your organization will give you the date you need to beat your competitors.

Contact us today to set up a discovery call to learn more about how we can help you get the most out of your ERP with custom web applications!

Written by Adam Robinson
Posted on: June 7, 2017 | Last Update: July 5, 2017
Chief Growth Officer at Level 12

Keep your software project on track with our FREE project assessment tool.