In order to compete better in the current market for software development clients we need a higher volume of outreach activity. Therefore, we are building an internal sales team to connect with people for whom “the timing is right.” That is, they are likely to need our services in the next 1-6 months.
The purpose of this role is to reach out to leads using LinkedIn, Email, and calls with an “artful ask” that is direct yet compelling for the right person. A successful connection with a lead will result in your setting up an appointment between them and our CEO (or other members of the sales team) who will further evaluate the opportunity and develop the relationship. A secondary purpose of this role will be to learn about our business, the craft of building software, and help promote us on LinkedIn and social media.
We are currently conceiving of this position as a part-time position, but it’s possible we would consider full-time for the right candidate.
Level 12 specializes in building custom software for our customers. We manage the entire process including planning, managing, and building software exactly as the customer needs it. We serve customers in diverse industries including: railroad, automotive, manufacturing, and retail payments.
We set ourselves apart by digging into the customer’s problem until we can own it and then delivering highly functional software that brings significant value to the customer’s organization. That may not sound unique, but the longer we do this, the more we encounter people who have been burned by bad development experiences with other firms. We look for long-term relationships with our customers and have a couple that go back to 2005.
We may not be changing the world, but we are impacting the lives of our customers and their employees. You don’t have to take our word for it, checkout the reviews left by our customers.
If you are interested, you can read more about our Mission, Values, and Vision.
In the beginning, the Sales Development Rep (SDR) will be primarily responsible for:
- Connecting with leads
- We will primarily be using LinkedIn, Gmail, Outreach.io, Airtable, and cold calling to connect with potential customers.
- The goal here is to fill the top of the sales funnel with people who are likely to need our services in the next 1-6 months.
- Converting leads to appointments
- After connecting with a lead, you will do a preliminary evaluation to determine what needs and/or difficulties they have and establish trust and rapport.
- The end goal is to ultimately connect the lead with the CEO or other “closer,” who will further evaluate the opportunity and develop the relationship.
- Honing a message
- This position is a trial and error/discovery position. You will work with other members of the sales team to create and hone messages that resonate with potential clients.
- You will not be expected to create these messages on your own.
Keys To Success
- In the moral sense. They abide by our company values.
- In the “works hard and gets things done sense.”
- In the “generally makes good decisions” sense. We grow in confidence that this person not only can get things done, but we generally like the way those things are done and our desire to have them do more for us is always increasing.
- They appreciate and can contribute to the Radically Candid culture we are building.
- This involves caring for members of the team but also not being afraid to challenge directly and speak openly/honestly.
- This person can take complex ideas/needs, understand them, and without a lot of external input or hand-holding can come up with a sound plan of action.
- This person can independently learn the things they don’t know to get the job done relatively easily.
- Front line sales tends to involve a high volume of activity and lots of rejections
- You must be able to handle low acceptance rates and continue your efforts in stride
- You should have a positive attitude that is not weighed down easily
- Absorb context
- This person can learn from the way things are done around them.
- They can absorb the context of an organization by observing how it currently operates and reading available documentation.
- They can form a mental model of this context and operate according to it so that decisions that are made are consistent with how the organization currently operates even when that particular course of action isn’t thoroughly documented.
- Be able to get things done mostly independently and will need to, as they grow more comfortable with who Level 12 is and how we operate, to make more and more decisions themselves without having to push that decision up to the next level.
- Able to help other team members solve problems in a way that is true to Level 12 principles.
- Tech Savvy
- You will be interacting with many layers of software to perform your daily tasks.
- You do now need to know how to use them all up-front, but you should be comfortable using various software products and be able to learn new systems quickly.
Work Environment & Compensation
- Work from home / Remote
- Many of us work from home frequently, even those of us who are local.
- We are looking for individuals residing in the US.
- We do have an office if you are local and prefer to get away from home to focus on work.
- We have a remote-first mentality. That means our tools (Slack, Zoom, GitHub, etc.) and planning are designed to work for a distributed team.
- $100 for every quality lead developed into a Business Discovery meeting
- 15-30 hrs a week
- We generally work between the hrs of 8-6 EST, Monday-Friday, but we can be flexible
- We have company wide meetings on Tuesday mornings using Zoom that it would be helpful for you to attend.
- Laptop and relevant software subscriptions will be provided as needed
If you are interested in this position, email your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com.