With many years invested in a legacy analytics tool that was no longer supported, our client needed to find a replacement that would allow their business users to continue to analyze and evaluate Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and to pull reports for organizational activities and data.
The legacy application included approximately 20 business “views” that needed to be converted for use in the new tool. As their business continued to grow and change, there would be the need to add new data and views, so flexibility and adaptability were important.
The tool itself would need to:
- Provide high level summaries, multiple types of visualizations, and also be able to drill down into the details.
- Be web-based so that access to the tool was not hindered by location or worksite.
- Have a very flexible permission system that would accommodate our customer’s multi-level multi-site management structure without making sensitive data available to the wrong people.
- Be very user friendly for non-technical business users. Pushing important data deeper into their organization would be a big win for our customer.
- It needed to remain flexible and powerful for more advanced users and business analysts.