Our client is a manufacturing company specializing in the reconditioning of industrial parts.
Their reconditioning process is broken down into two steps:
- Part intake, evaluation, and repair estimates
- Part repair
Once an estimate is made and repair is approved, our client uses an ERP system to track the repair through their plant. However, the intake step was being managed with paper forms. That proved to be very inefficient and our client did not have a good way to track parts that were on-site but not yet approved for repair.
They were looking for a software solution that would:
- make the intake process more efficient and streamlined
- ensure the data was captured electronically
- generate PDFs in place of the paper forms
- offer data validation and error checking
- set the stage for data integration with the ERP at a later date